Getting Started | Tips & Tools | Fundraising Rewards
When you raise funds for Take Steps, you're helping the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation accelerate research, advance treatments, and provide programs and support to improve quality of life for those living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
New this year: If you've participated in Take Steps before, you'll notice some exciting changes this year in addition to a fresh, newly reimagined in-person event. Love to raise funds and make an impact? There's no better time to raise critical dollars for the Foundation: We have a new Take Steps website with resources and tools we know you'll love. We are making fundraising easier than ever to help you reach your goals!
Once you've registered for Take Steps, you'll have access to a customizable fundraising page that you can send to friends, family members, and your larger network via email, text, or social media. Start by updating your page and letting others know why this cause is important to you, and invite them to support you with a donation. Every dollar you raise for Take Steps will benefit people affected by IBD.
Fundraising Tips & Tools
Ready to take your fundraising to the next level? Follow these steps to fundraising success:
- Set a Goal. When you register, you'll be asked to set an initial fundraising goal. Make your goal challenging, but achievable. Hit your goal sooner than expected? Keep your supporters motivated by updating your goal in your fundraising dashboard!
- Use your Fundraising Dashboard. Once registered, you can log in to your fundraising dashboard to update and share your fundraising page, monitor your progress, and access fundraising guides and resources.
- Make a self-donation. Show your commitment by making a personal donation to your fundraising page, and invite your friends to match it.
- Share on Social Media. You can connect your Take Steps page to a Facebook Fundraiser from your fundraising dashboard. Not on Facebook? Share your link on Twitter or LinkedIn, or add it to your profile on Instagram and TikTok and invite your friends and followers to support you. Access the social media toolkit in your Fundraising Dashboard for more tips and tools.
- Get the NEW Mobile App. With the new Donor Drive Take Steps app for Apple and Android devices, you can text your contacts a link to your fundraising page, share a QR code, manage your Facebook Fundraiser, and get notified right away when you receive donations for Take Steps.
You can find more tips & tools in the Resources section of your fundraising dashboard.
You make a difference with every dollar you raise, and the more you raise, the greater your impact. As a Take Steps fundraiser, you will be recognized by the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) community as someone who is willing to go the distance to see advancements in important research. Everyone who attends Take Steps will receive a Dedication Ribbon to use in our Opening Ceremony, as well as Badges to reflect their commitment and connection to the IBD community. Snacks and water will be available on site for all participants.
Those living with IBD — regardless of fundraising amount — will receive a special green patient T-shirt.
Individual Fundraising Rewards
Pathfinder - $100+: When you raise your first $100, you’ll earn your Take Steps 2023 T-Shirt to wear proudly on walk day plus a branded compass to help you find your way.
Trailblazer - $500+: In addition to the benefits above, you'll receive a top fundraiser badge and get the vip treatment on event day! Join us at our exclusive Trailblazer Lodge where you’ll experience a special oasis with unique refreshments and relaxing lodging to kickback and celebrate YOU getting us closer to cures for IBD. Individuals (+ a guest) who raise at least $500 and top teams are invited into the Trailblazer Lodge to mingle, snack, and be proud of your accomplishments.
Pioneer Club - $2,500+: In addition to the benefits above, you’ll also receive a “Pioneer Club” fleece vest and special recognition on walk day!
Team Fundraising Rewards
Level 1: You and your team will receive vip treatment on event day! Join us at our exclusive Trailblazer Lodge where you’ll experience a special oasis with unique refreshments and relaxing lodging to kickback and celebrate YOU getting us closer to cures for IBD.
Level 2: As a top fundraising team, you’ll earn a reserved team area and sign within our Trailblazer Lodge.